Saturday & Sunday | 11 am
A full day of capital beer discovery including lunch. Sample the one-of-a-kind Australian beers and enjoy a great lunch on this ultimate Canberra brewery tour!
Saturday and Sunday. Check the calendar below for upcoming available dates in bold.
We meet at the BentSpoke Brewing Co, 38 Mort St, Braddon
Pick up: 11 am. If you are running late, give us a call but please, please, please be on time. Your guide will love you for it!
Drop off: Approximately 5:30 pm back at BentSpoke Brewing Co.
EXPLORE CANBERRA’S CRAFT BEER SCENE
6+ HOURS OF BREWERY TOURING
Spend a day with one of our enthusiastic brewery tour guides as you uncover Canberra’s best breweries – complete with samples of their craft beers. The capital’s brewery scene is filled with brewers offering pours of classic beers and those adding some fun twists and flavours to their creations. Sample the one-of-a-kind Australian beers and enjoy a great lunch on this ultimate Canberra brewery tour!
NUMBER OF GUESTS PER TOUR: This tour accommodates a minimum of four and a maximum of 10 guests (get in touch for information on larger group sizes). Your order will be confirmed once we have filled four seats on the tour.
WHERE YOU WILL GO:
- BENTSPOKE BREWING CO.
- Award-winning brewer, Richard Watkins and partner Tracy Margrain opened Canberra’s newest brewery in 2014. Stainless steel dominates the décor of their Braddon premises, with a distinctive bicycle theme giving away the owner’s other passion. With 18 different beers, including rotating seasonals, there’s sure to be something to suit all tastes at BentSpoke. Their beer-infused food is quickly gaining legendary status as well!
- CAPITAL BREWING CO
- Capital Brewing Co. are all about the nation’s capital region and the lifestyle it provides. They celebrate the four seasons and brew beers that pay homage to the weather and great outdoors. With a spirit for adventure, and being 100% employee owned, Capital Brewing co is all about taking care of each other, their customers, communities and their environment. And it’s also a rocking place for a few beers.
- OLD CANBERRA INN
- Step inside a living piece of pioneer history built in 1857. The Old Canberra Inn (or OCI to Canberrans) is now a family-friendly pub with regular live music, fresh locally-sourced food and regularly rotating craft beer taps. A perfect lunch stop on the tour; sit back and enjoy some top-notch grub and some local pub hospitality in a truly unique setting.
- ZIERHOLZ PREMIUM BREWERY
- Head brewer Christoph Zierholz has been crafting German-inspired beers with a special Canberra twist since 2005. Located in the heart of Fyshwick, Zierholz brewery brings a little bit of European class to the industrial suburb. Don’t know a Dunkel from a Dopplebock or a Schankbier from a Schwartzbier? Christoph is your man!
- WIG AND PEN
- After packing up their City-based brewery (including the façade, bar and interior fitout), “The Wig” relocated to the Llwellyn Hall at the Australian National University in 2015. Amidst the Arts precinct, the brewers command 16 taps, pouring everything from hand-pumped cask ales to funky sours. With enough persuasion, you may also get to see what’s quietly ageing away in the barrel room.
- THE DURHAM CASTLE ARMS
- An iconic location of the Canberra pub scene, The Durham specialises in sourcing the best of Australia’s craft beers and serving them up with hearty, traditional pub grub. Known for regular tap takeovers and “craft beer fight clubs”, the Durham is the perfect location to fill the belly before the tour continues.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our Canberra brewery tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.