Experience the thrill of urban Axe throwing, then go behind the scenes at 2 breweries and have a lunch at a hip craft beer pub.
- Adult (18+)
Saturdays – check the calendar for upcoming dates
We meet at the Keg & Brew Hotel, 26 Foveaux Street, Sydney (a short walk from Central Station).
Pick up: 10:30 am. If you are running late, give us a call but please, please, please be on time. Your guide will love you for it!
Drop off: Approximately 6 pm at the Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills.
ESCAPE THE CITY ON A BREWERY TOUR
Trying to escape the hustle of the City for the day? The Southerly Buster is for you! Travelling south of the CBD towards the South Coast our journey begins with a visit to Kirrawee, then heads down to Wollongong to check out the local craft beer scene. Included on the day is all of the tasters, a whole heap of fun facts about beer and brewing, and a delicious stop for lunch. What better way to remove yourself from the daily grind than to see what Regional NSW has to offer!
On this South Coast beer tour, you visit three breweries and have an awesome lunch at a cool pub. Which breweries we visit on the day does change – not all places are open every day, making each of our beer tours unique. Which three breweries we visit is all about timing and providing a good mix of places, people, and beers.
Number of guests per tour – This tour accommodates a minimum of six and a maximum of 10 guests (get in touch for information on larger group sizes). Your order will be confirmed once we have filled six seats on this New South Wales beer tour.
WHERE YOU WILL GO
- 5 BARREL BREWING
- Our first stop of the day is Wollongong’s newest brewery, started by a father and son team who graduated from home brewing to bring their particular spin to NSW’s brewing scene. With four core beers on tap, and a small 30l experimental system they are well on their way to getting a devoted local following, along with appealing to a wide audience and kicking out some awesome ales.
- ILLAWARRA BREWING COMPANY
- Originally Five Island Brewing, the owners of Illawarra Brewing Company established the company over 10 years ago in a bid to keep South Coast beer alive. Now with a production facility on the northern edge of Wollongong and a pub in town, Illawarra Brewing Company has firmly taken hold of the ‘Steel Town’ beer scene. Whilst it’s a drive out of town, we think you’ll agree the beers are well worth the trip.
- SHARK ISLAND BREWING COMPANY
- After a tumultuous start to their brewing journey, the doors to Shark Island Brewing Company’s long-awaited Kirrawee home are finally open. We’re pretty stoked to be able to take guests into the brewery and introduce you to some of the nicest guys in local beer. Our final stop on the Southerly Buster tour, we round off our South Coast experience over a few beers chatting all things beer and brewing with the Shark boys.
- THE ROYAL ALBERT HOTEL
- Part of the local scene since 1927 and one of our favourite city pubs, The Royal Albert Hotel (or “Alby”) offers a stunning array of craft beers and ciders with true local pub hospitality. Well known for its Tap Takeovers where a craft brewer gets exclusive access to their eight taps and two hand pumps, it is the perfect place to end the day.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our South Coast beer tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.