Hipsters & Hops Brewery Tour
Friday-Sunday | 11 am
Full day of local beer discovery taking you behind the scenes of 3 breweries. Includes lunch at a cool craft beer pub.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Check the calendar below for upcoming available dates in bold. If your date is not available, please call us as we may be able to squeeze you in.
We meet at the Keg & Brew Hotel, 26 Foveaux Street, Sydney (a short walk from Central Station).
Pick up: 11 am. If you are running late, give us a call but please, please, please be on time. Your guide will love you for it!
Drop off: Approximately 6 pm at the Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills.
DISCOVER SYDNEY’S CRAFT BEERS
On this tour you visit three Sydney breweries and have an awesome lunch at a cool pub. Each brewery stop includes samples so you can get to know the different flavour profiles of Sydney’s craft beers. Which breweries we visit on which day does change so each brewery tour is unique as not all places are open every day, and some places are good on Wednesdays, but not on Tuesdays… We focus on timing and providing a good mix of places, people, and beers on our tours.
Number of guests per tour – This beer tour of Sydney accommodates a minimum of four and a maximum of 10 guests (get in touch for information on larger group sizes). Your order will be confirmed once we have filled four seats on the tour.
WHERE YOU WILL GO
- WAYWARD BREWING COMPANY
- Hidden down a Camperdown laneway, Wayward Brewing Company is housed deep inside the roots of the former winery that occupied the site nearly a century ago. Originally a gypsy brewing they now have their own brewing and state of the art bottling line. The 12-tap bar features a constantly changing tap list of craft-beer goodness, pouring Wayward beers that are only available at the brewery.
- ROCKS BREWING COMPANY
- Led by fifth and sixth generation convict descendants, the guys behind The Rocks Brewing Company have thrown their all into setting up one of the most advanced breweries in town. Explore the brewhouse and get up close to their brewing equipment as you sample beers straight from the tank.
- GRIFTER BREWING COMPANY
- Three guys started brewing out of Young Henrys as gypsy brewers. Since then, the boys have taken Young Henry’s first brewhouse and opened up their own brewery in Marrickville. Based in an old commercial laundry, with 12 taps and even a pool table a lot has changed in three years for The Grifter Brewing Company. Try the Fresh and Clean IPL named after the previous tenants.
- BATCH BREWING CO
- Started by two Americans who met in Oz, Batch is the brewery you want to visit if you like something that’s always new! A core range of four beers, and a further rotating six taps in the brewery, Batch likes to put out a new beer every 10 days. So if you’ve been here before, then there’ll almost definitely be something new for you to try.
- WILLIE THE BOATMAN
- Started in 2012, Willie the Boatman beers are brewed on ex-dairy equiptment, repurposed for brewing the delicious amber liquid known as beer! Pat, Nick, Joel and the gang at Willie’s do a fantastic job of creating beers with plenty of character (read; flavour)!
- AKASHA BREWING CO
- Akasha Brewing Co is one of the newer members to the Sydney brewing scene. Based in Five Dock, Dave, Wes and the rest of the Akasha crew bring a great attention to detail and the infamous ‘Akasha’ – the unspoken fifth element to their hop-centric ales.
- YOUNG HENRY’S
- Young Henry’s is perhaps Sydney’s most recognised large craft brewery. Just behind Newtown, Young Henry’s provides a fantastic example of what makes craft beer great! Good beers, a sense of community and good vibes all round.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our Sydney pub tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.