Experience the thrill of urban Axe throwing, then go behind the scenes at 2 breweries and have a lunch at a hip craft beer pub.
When: Daily at 10:30 am
Where: We meet at the Keg & Brew Hotel, 26 Foveaux Street, Sydney (a short walk from Central Station).
Start: Pick up: 10:30 am. If you are running late, give us a call but please, please, please be on time. Your guide will love you for it!
End: Drop off: Approximately 4 pm at the Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills.
- Beer Explorer
‘JUST TAP IT IN’ WITH BEERS & 9 HOLES
Grab your clubs and some mates for the Putters & Pilsners Beer and Mini Golf Tour!
We visit Holey Moley where you discover your inner Happy Gilmore for a quick back 9 guided by the local ‘Chubs’. There will be a competition of course, with the winner toasting the group with a beer filled trophy and also a take home Caddyshack inspired one for the trophy cabinet/office/shed. To keep the competition even, there will be a couple of beers each so you can show off your one handed putting technique.
We all know that you ‘drive for show, but putt for dough’
The rest of the day is spent in the 19th Hole….well 3 of them, as we visit 2 breweries and a local craft beer pub.
At each brewery we will guide you through a tasting session, discuss ingredients, brewing techniques, styles and ALL the beer stuff!
The Putters & Pilsners tour is the perfect corporate day out, team building activity or start to a Bucks Day!
Number of guests per tour – This Sydney beer tour accommodates a minimum of 10 guests (get in touch for information on larger group sizes).
#*Combining a session of mini golf with an awesome Brewery tour, learning all about and tasting the best of Sydney Local beer.*
$160 per person
1. After meeting your guide at the Keg & Brew Hotel, we head to Holey Moley Newtown to experience the craziest Mini Golf course in Sydney! And what better way to work on your putting skills than by teaming that up with a beer or cider!
2. Once the dust has settled and bragging rights done we head to Batch Brewing. Here you will learn all about beer, beer history and what goes into making it, all with a beer in your hand. With a head full of beer knowledge we get behind the scenes and go deep inside the brewery to see where it all happens. Out the other side of the brewery and back in the tasting bar, it’s time to taste more of the Batch Brewing range before we head off to lunch.
3. It is then time for a delicious lunch at The Henson at Marrickville. Originally called the Henson Park Hotel, it opened in 1936 near the football ground of the same name – home to the legendary Newtown Jets. Recently renovated, it is an old school pub with an excellent menu of both food and craft beers. Why not try the famous “knuckle sandwich”? Wagyu brisket on rye with fennel coleslaw, Swiss cheese and smoky mayo. Awesome.
4. Time to squeeze in one more brewery, the excellent Grifter Brewing in Marrickville. This craft brewery opened in October 2015 in an old laundromat called “Fresh & Clean’ – and they even named one of their beers after it. The boys from Grifter are industry favourites – they are even using Young Henry’s original brewing equipment! We begin with a tour of the brewery before trying a selection of their amazing Pilsners and Ales!
5. Finally it is time to head back toward Central for our final stop, the Royal Albert Hotel in Surry Hills. Part of the local scene since 1927, it offers a stunning array of craft beers and ciders in a cosy setting. Well known for its “Tap Takeover” evenings, where a craft brewer gets exclusive access to their eight taps and two hand pumps, it is the perfect place to end the day.
START: 10:30am outside the Keg & Brew Hotel, 26 Foveaux Street, Sydney (a short walk from Central Station, see map on right).
END: approximately 4pm at the Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills.
Number of guest per tour: This tour requires a minimum of 10 guests. Contact us for information on larger groups.
9 holes of mini golf at Holey Moley, with 2 drinks while you putt, a beer filled trophy for the winner and a trophy to take away. Mini Golf is followed by behind the scenes tours of two breweries, a heap of fun facts about beer, a good number of beer and cider tastings throughout the day, an amazing lunch, transport in our air conditioned bus, snacks and waters and our amazing beer guide.
**What to bring:** sturdy closed shoes, camera.
*Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to brewery operations. Start times are fixed, however drop off times can change slightly depending upon traffic and other factors. Our guides/drivers do everything they can to have you back as close to the drop off time as promised.*
WHERE YOU MAY GO
NO IFS, JUST PUTTS
Holey Moley is a mini golf course and bar that turns traditional putt putt into a multi-sensory labyrinth of unique holes that’ll keep you on your toes across the craziest round of golf you’ve ever played.
The Newtown venue is located in what was the old ‘Sando’, the Sandringham Hotel.
Started in 2012, Willie the Boatman beers are brewed on ex-dairy equiptment, repurposed for brewing the delicious amber liquid known as beer! Pat, Nick, Joel and the gang at Willie’s do a fantastic job of creating beers with plenty of character (read; flavour)!
Led by fifth and sixth generation convict descendants, the guys behind The Rocks Brewing Company have thrown their all into setting up one of the most advanced breweries in town. Explore the brewhouse and get up close to their brewing equipment as you sample beers straight from the tank.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our brewery tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.