Melbourne Urban Beer Odyssey
Friday & Saturday | 11 am
Cruise around Melbourne’s urban breweries and cider bars where Old World styles and new world inspiration collide to create a drinkers heaven.
Fridays and Sundays! Check the calendar below for upcoming available dates in bold.
We depart from Federation Square. St Kilda, Lilydale train station and central hotel pick-ups available. Note: We can pick up in the Yarra Valley on request.
Pick up: 10-11 am depending upon where your chosen pick up is. We will contact you after you have have booked to confirm your pick up time.
Drop off: 6-7 pm. We will endeavour to, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square.
MELBOURNE CRAFT BREWERY TOUR
This is the ultimate beer lover’s experience as we cruise around Melbourne’s most awarded and innovative urban breweries and cider bars where Old World styles and new world inspiration collide to create a drinker’s heaven! We introduce you to chocolate, vanilla, coffee, toffee, and bacon-flavoured beer, refreshing summer ales, crisp sessionable lagers, fruit-infused, barrel aged ales, artisan ciders, and experimental single batch brews. From the biggest breweries and oldest breweries in the country, to the new kids on the block, this Melbourne beer tour has it all – and more!
Number of guests per tour – This tour accommodates a minimum of two and a maximum of 10 guests (get in touch for information on larger group sizes). Your order will be confirmed once we have filled two seats on the tour.
This brewery tour is operated by our great mates Aussie Brewery Tours. We only partner with the BEST Tour Operators in our favourite places to ensure you have the best local beer adventure.
WHERE YOU WILL GO
- CARLTON & UNITED BREWERIES
- We tour this amazing mega brewery, home to some of Australia’s most iconic beers, Fosters, Crown Lager and Victoria Bitter amongst others, before a tasting in their brewhouse.
- THE CRAFTY (JAMES) SQUIRE
- Enjoy a very generous tasting paddle plus a complimentary drink from their beer and cider line-up (includes all seasonal/speciality beers) to go with your amazing lunch.
- TEMPLE BREWERY
- Temple Brewery has a wonderful range of core beers, plus dabble in one-off, single batch and collaboration beers with other brewers and even suggestions from their fans. We include a special Aussie Brewery Tours uber tasting paddle (double their regulation paddle) of their current range.
- MOON DOG BREWERY
- This is where the tour starts to get wild as we sample the amazing, weird, and wacky creations that Moondog Brewery is famous for (bloody Mary beers, champagne beers, the ice cream series, etc). The beer tasting here is beyond large!
- MOUNTAIN GOAT BREWERY
- We drop in for a tasting or beers at Melbourne’s most famous (and yet still hidden away) craft brewery.
- TWO BIRDS BREWERY
- Started by Danielle and Jayne (the two birds) this brewery has a fantastic range of sessionable beers and interesting single batch creations to try.
- FORESTERS HALL
- This beer hall and live music venue in Melbourne’s inner north is home to one of the most impressive tap lists found in Australia.
- STOMPING GROUND BREWERY
- This amazing brewery venue is by the same lads that brought you the Local Taphouse bars in St Kilda and Darlinghurst Sydney, as well the Great Australasian Beer Spectapular aka the biggest beer festival in the Southern Hemisphere. A state of the art brewhouse is coupled with an amazing venue, kitchen serving up delicious food and an ever expanding tap list.
- BRUNSWICK STREET CIDER HOUSE
- Our favourite craft cider venue in Melbourne, these guys have been showcasing the best examples of both local and international cider longer than any other venue in Melbourne.
- CLIFTON HILL BREWPUB
- A family owned, Northern Suburbs institution, the Clifton Hill Brewpub has been increasing their in house beer offerings over the past couple of years to now boast a fantastic range of tasty craft brews to go along with their gastro pub fare.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our beer tours of Melbourne are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.