One For The Road Pub Tour
Everyday | 11:30 am
A 3-hour walking tour of the historic area of Newcastle visiting some of it’s hidden gems and enjoying craft beers in between.
Check the calendar below for upcoming available dates in bold.
The Corner of Watt & Bond Street, Newcastle, NSW ( Water Fountain Side behind Customs House)
Meet: 11:30 am ( Aim to arrive at 11:15 am to avoid keeping your fellow beer explorers waiting)
Drop off: Approximately 3:30 pm at The Hop Factory
NEWCASTLE PUB TOUR
3 HOURS OF LOCAL BEER DISCOVERY
Join us on a three-hour walking tour of the historic area of Newcastle visiting some of its hidden gems and enjoying some craft beers at great local pubs. Your guide on this NSW brewery tour is a beer enthusiast themselves and ready to help you discover some of Australia’s best craft beers as you explore Newcastle.
WHERE YOU WILL GO
- LUCKY HOTEL
- Staying true to its grandeur history dating back to the 1800s, The Lucky underwent a major renovation by the McCloy Group in 2014 to restore the original façade and bring the famous hotel back to life. Contrasted against a trendy new fit out of elegant modern designs and features, the hotel offers a luminous mix of old and new.
- FOGHORN BREWHOUSE
- Bringing craft brewing and locally sourced food to the heart of Newcastle. Come see our restored historic industrial building. Genuine, handmade, and local, we are Newcastle’s brewery.
- THE HOP FACTORY
- The Hop Factory is a locally owned family business and is our dream to use our hospitality experience in a genuine craft beer and burger restaurant. We have over 30 years experience to burn in the hospitality industry and are passionate for Newcastle to have a second to none choice when it comes to micro brewed beer suitably paired with great food and a superb atmosphere.The Hop Factory also has a strong portfolio of Hunter Valley wines, fantastic cocktails, spirits, ciders and ginger beers as well as a constantly changing range of bottled beers.
- THE GRAIN STORE NEWCASTLE
- The Grain Store Craft Beer Cafe is located in Newcastle’s food and cafe hub of the Historic East End; with high ceilings, Art Deco tiling and timber flooring, it is the perfect site for the Craft Beer focused restaurant it now is. It oozes character and style, and it’s walls tell a story.The Grain Store boasts a tap list totalling 21, featuring 100% independently owned and 100% Australian brewed, Craft Beers. This makes it one of the largest Craft Beer tap lists in Australia.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our beer tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.