This High Country event brings together like minded craft brewers and the local growers of that all important brewing ingredient, HOPS!
Start: Friday 7am from Sydney (9am from Canberra) – End: Sunday 6pm
- All Inclusive
- Self Drive
MID-WINTER DARK BEER FESTIVAL
Live the day. Burn the night.
DARKER DAYS returns to brighten the dark days of winter in Bright on Friday 28th June 2019.
DARKER DAYS is a dark beer and mid-winter festival that brings together High Country producers and operators, entertainers, beer lovers and families to toast the season and welcome the return of lighter days following the Winter Solstice.
This family friendly festival will be centred around locally produced dark beers and warming foods, along with live music and winter activities. After the sun sets, Bright Brewery’s riverside lands will truly come alive with a spectacular ceremonial burning of a giant wooden structure in the shape of the brewery’s logo.
The festival will also feature a delicious selection from local wineries, plus gourmet winter foods and treats from local producers.
Come gather around the fires to make damper and to roast marshmallows and chestnuts. Hear local wordsmiths and poets tell campfire tales and maybe even a ghost story or two.
It will be a full day of mid-winter fun and one we don’t want to miss after such a ball in 2018…. So we’re heading back to the High Country on our Beer Bus Express and would love you to come be part of the weekend. Come along and join in with:
- Your Seat on the Beer Bus from either Sydney or Canberra. You sit back, relax, enjoy the scenery and the beer banter onboard as your professional driver takes care of you
- Get involved in our legendary Beer Quizzes. They’re not just for passing the time on the journey, with prizes up for grabs the stakes are high for you to win yourself some merch and beer
- Two nights accommodation (twin share). (Upgrades and single supplements available upon request)
- Friday night Brewers Dinner
- Continental breakfast both mornings
- VIP brewery tour and tasting at Bridge Road Brewery
- Brewery visit, tour and tasting on way home from Bright
- High Country Brewery Tour on Saturday before Darker Days Festival kicks off
- Darker Days festival VIP Pass & an awesome Dave as your beer host for the weekend
- More than a few drink tastings, dinner, brushing shoulders with Dark Beer and Winter fans
- A few surprises along the way
Last year on our first trip to the Darker Days festival we had so much fun, this is one festival that is set to become a firm mid year favourite for Australian beer fans. Come with us and let the team at Dave’s make your weekend a true beer lover’s adventure. The Victorian High Country is a food and drink lovers paradise, so don’t be worried if your friend or partner would love to join you but isn’t that into beer. There is a heap of things to see, do and taste over the weekend of the festival, so we would love to have them along too!
And if you’re more into driving, or maybe coming from somewhere else, but would like to join our gang of Beer Explorers for the weekend, no stress. Our self-drive package includes all the beer adventures for the weekend, without the bus journey and stops along the way.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have a MUST SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.